123 HP Deskjet 2544 Features
The Deskjet 2544 is one of the cheapest and compact printers from HP with a more than reasonable print quality for printing documents. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj2544 . You can also use the installation CD that ships with the printer.
It has a Paper Input tray at the back of the printer and an output tray in the front which opens to reveal ink cartridge slots. The printer doesn’t support a Wireless connection and can be connected only using a USB cable which should be bought separately as it doesn’t ship along with the printer.
- Print speed (B/W): 16 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 12 ppm
- Duty cycle: 2544 pages per month
- Paper Input Tray capacity: 50 sheets
- Paper Output Tray capacity: 30 sheets
- Connectivity: USB 2.0. Cable doesn’t ship with the printer.
123.hp.com/setup 2544 Unboxing
- First, remove the tape on the cardboard box and keep the flaps to the sides so that it doesn’t hinder the removal of the contents inside.
- Then, remove the cardboard material on top of the box gently so that you don’t tip the accessories inside.
- The cardboard piece contains the ink cartridges, installation CD, ink cartridges and power module. You can also use this CD or the drivers downloaded from 123.hp.com/dj2544 to install the software drivers.
- Now, tilt the printer and lay it on a flat surface so that you can remove it easily.
- Then, using the handles of the cover, gently drag the printer out of its box and remove the packaging material on either side.
- Next, keep aside the user guide and step-by-step setup guide.
- Now, remove the cover from the printer and start peeling away the blue tapes on it.
- Then, open the ink cartridge access area behind the paper output tray in the front and remove the packaging material.
- Similarly, check for packaging materials in the Paper Input Tray and remove them.
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Hardware Setup
To install the ink cartridges, the printer should be powered on at first. Follow the steps given below to switch on the printer and install the ink cartridges. Once you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded a fresh batch of papers into the Paper Tray, you can also install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj2544 or 123.hp.com/setup 2544 .
123.hp.com/dj2544 – Switching on the printer
- First, Untie the twist cord on the power cord and connect it to the power module.
- Then, Plug the purple end of the power module into the purple slot at the rear of the printer. There’s also a USB cord just beside the purple slot.
- Now, Connect the other end of the cord into a wall outlet. Avoid using power strips as this might result in power issues with the printer.
- Next, Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Once the printer is switched on, wait for it to fall silent.
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Ink cartridge Installation
- Open the ink cartridge access area behind the Paper Input Tray and wait until the ink carriages reach the center.
- Remove the wrapper from the black ink cartridges and peel away the film on the copper coloured contacts by pulling the pink pull tab.
- Insert the black cartridge into the right slot and push it up gently until it snaps into place.
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Loading Unused Paper
- To load unused paper, lift the Paper Input tray and slightly tilt the printer towards the front.
- Now, slide the small paper width guide to the extreme end.
- Then, take a stack of papers and align them on a hard surface.
- Finally, Insert the stack of papers into the Input Tray and adjust the paper width guide.
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Driver Installation with CD
Although the Installation CD can be used to install the drivers, you can download the latest version of the firmware from 123.hp.com/dj2544 or 123.hp.com/setup 2544. Follow the steps given below to install the driver using the Installation CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer unless prompted during the installation.
- Now, Insert the Installation CD into the CD slot.
- Then, Click on the setup.exe file when the installation window appears.
- If the software asks for permission to make changes to the system, click Yes to proceed with the installation process.
- Then, the HP Software begins installing the basic software drivers.
- Next, read and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking the check box.
- Once the basic software driver installation is complete, connect the USB cable to the printer once prompted to do so.
When the connection is complete, follow the prompts on screen and input the necessary information to complete the process.
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Driver Download and Installation
Do not connect the USB cable to your printer unless prompted by the computer.
- Switch on your system and open a browser of your choice.
- Go to 123.hp.com/dj2544 and enter the model number of your printer.
- Click the download button and wait for the download to finish.
- Open the setup file from the browser downloads bar.
- If the software asks permission to make changes to the system, click Yes to make changes to the system.
- The basic software drivers will be installed after which you’ll be asked to connect the USB cable.
- Read and agree to HP’s terms and conditions.
- Connect one end of the USB cable into the purple slot beside the power slot and the other end of the cable into the system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the required information to complete the installation.
This completes the download and installation of the software from 123.hp.com/dj2544. You can also download software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 2544 .
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Printer Offline (Windows)
If your printer is offline, follow the steps given below to fix the issue.
- Download the HP Print and Scan doctor. Open the Print and Scan doctor and select your printer. Follow the instructions on the screen to see if you can fix your printer.
- Reset the printer and try printing your document again.
- Check if your Deskjet 2544 was set as the default printer by searching for your printer’s name in the Printer section of your Devices and Printers. If your Deskjet 2544 wasn’t set as the default printer, set it as the default printer.
- If none of the above steps work, update the printer firmware by going to 123.hp.com/dj2544 or 123.hp.com/setup 2544 .
- In case the printer is still offline re-install the printer software using the installation CD or from the websites mentioned above.
If you can still continue to see the printer Offline message, contact technical support for help.
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Ink cartridge problem
If the printer displays messages like Ink cartridge failure, Incompatible ink cartridges and Ink cartridge problems, follow the steps given below to fix them.
- Check if your cartridges are compatible with your printer or not. Go to HP’s website to see if your cartridges are compatible or not.
- Now, remove clean and re-install the ink cartridges.
- Then, replace the cartridge if cleaning the ink cartridges don’t help.
- Next, download and re-install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj2544 .
- If none of the solutions work, get your printer serviced.
123 HP Deskjet 2544 Cleaning the Ink cartridges
Follow the steps to clean the ink cartridges.
- First, Turn on your printer and open the ink cartridges access area.
- Now, Wait for the ink carriages to reach the center.
- Next, To remove the ink cartridge from the slot, slightly press it to release it.
- Then, Without touching the copper colored contacts, check if the contacts have any transparent covering stuck to them.
- To clean the cartridges, dip a cotton swab or lint-free cloth in distilled water or drinking water and remove the excess water until it is damp.
- Now, Clean only the copper colored contacts and not the ink nozzles.
- Then, using the same damp cloth, clean the contacts situated on the carriage area.
- Next, Insert the cartridge into the slot again and switch on the printer.