123 HP Envy 4515 Features
The HP Envy 4515 tones down on the gloss and glam for a better price and no compromise on print quality.The Envy 4515 also has Web Services that can be activated only if you’ve downloaded the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy4515 or 123.hp.com/setup 4515. Given below are some of the features of the Envy 4515.
The front portion of the printer has a 50 mm touch screen and a front panel that doubles as a Paper Input Tray and Output Tray. The Envy 4515 is a good choice for those who don’t use their printer often and don’t mind the average quality of scanned documents produced by the in-built scanner.
- ISO Print speed (B/W): 8.8 ppm
- ISO Print speed (colour): 5.2 ppm
- Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct
- Printer connectivity: USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi
- Duty cycle (No. of pages printed per month): 9 Up to 1,000 pages
- Display: 2.0 inch (5 cm) Hi Res Mono LCD
- Borderless printing: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 297 mm)
123.hp.com/setup 4515 Unboxing
- First, open the printer box and keep aside the ink cartridges and power cord. One of the cartridges has a card attached to them. This card can be used to buy the right cartridges once you’re out of ink later.
- Then, Remove the piece of cardboard on top and lay the printer on the table.
- Now, gently drag the printer out of the cardboard box and set the box aside for recycling.
- Next, keep aside the installation CD and setup guides. You can also download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy4515 or 123.hp.com/setup 4515.
- Then, remove the printer from the transparent cover and remove all the blue tapes that you see on the surface of the printer.
- Open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet. Close the lid once you’re done.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access area and remove the packaging materials. Now, close the ink cartridge access area.
- Finally, open the Paper Input Tray and slide away the paper width guides. Remove the blue tapes and other packaging materials if any and close the tray.
123 HP Envy 4515 Printer Initialization
- To initialize the printer, you must first switch it on.
- Take the power cord that you first kept aside.
- Then, connect one end of the power cord into the rear of the printer and the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Next, turn on the printer by pressing the power button and wait for it to fall silent.
- Select the printer language by using the buttons on the sides to scroll through the list and select a language of your choice. Then, press OK.
- Finally, select Yes and press OK to confirm your choice.
- Next, select the region in which your printer is located and press OK. Again, select Yes and Press OK to confirm your selection.
123 HP Envy 4515 Ink cartridge Installation
- Lift the top cover of the printer using the cutouts on the sides and let the ink carriage reach the center.
- Unwrap the tri-colour cartridge and pull out the orange tab to remove the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts.
- Open the tri-coloured cartridge lock lever and insert the ink cartridge. Now, close the tri-colour lid until it snaps into place.
- Similarly, insert the black cartridge into the ink cartridge slot and close the top cover.
Take care not to touch the electrical nozzles or copper coloured contacts as they might result in clogs and bad electrical connections.
Once the HP Envy 4515 has detected the cartridges, it will display an installation successful message. Click Continue to move to the next step. The printer will now ask you to load unused paper into the Paper Tray. Make sure that you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper before installing the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy4515 or 123.hp.com/setup 4515.
123.hp.com/setup 4515 Loading Unused Paper
- First, open the Paper Tray in the front and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Then, align a stack of plain, white paper on the table and insert the stack into the Paper Tray.
- Next, adjust the paper width guides such that they touch the edges of the paper and slide the Paper Tray inside.
- The printer will print an alignment page now. This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the alignment page is printed, it has to be scanned to complete the alignment process.
- Alignment process tells the printer where to spray ink on the paper so that it gives the best print quality.
- First, open the scanner lid and using the markings on the side of the scanner glass as reference, place the alignment page, print side down on the top right corner of the scanner glass.
- Then, close the scanner glass lid and wait for the printer to scan the page. Next, tap OK to start the scanning process.
- Once the printer has finished scanning the alignment page, the printer will display an Alignment Successful message on the control panel.
- Then, tap OK to get started with the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy4515 .
123 HP Envy Software Download and Installation
- Once the basic drivers are installed, you’re asked if you’d like to connect your HP Envy 4515 to your system either Wirelessly or using a USB cable.
- First, switch on your system. Then, open the browser and go to 123.hp.com/envy4515.
- Next, click the Download button and wait for the software download to complete.
- If the software has finished downloading, click on it from the browser download bar.
- Once the software is opened, it checks if you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper into the Paper Tray.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the basic software drivers for your printer.
- Select Wireless from the option.The printer now begins searching for all the available networks and displays a list of Wireless networks on the control panel.
- Select the name of the network and enter the password when prompted.
- If the printer is successfully connected to the network, a message will be displayed stating the same.
- To complete the rest of the installation process, simply follow the steps on the screen.This completes the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy4515.
123.hp.com/setup 4515 ePrint Service
As long as you’re somewhere with an active internet connection, you can send print jobs to your printer by simply sending an e-mail to your printer’s e-mail address. Follow the steps given below to setup the ePrint service on your Envy 4515.
- To use ePrint services, Web services must be enabled first.
- Tap the ePrint button on the Control panel.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions and follow the instructions on the printer control panel to enable Web services.
- Once you’ve enabled Web services, the printer prints out an ePrint information page. This ePrint information page has your printer’s e-mail address and further instructions on how to set up a HP Connected account.
- You can also change your printer’s e-mail address when you’ve set up an account with HP Connected.
- To send a new print job to your printer, all you have to do is open any e-mail application on your system or mobile device.
- Then, type the e-mail address of your printer in the To line and write a subject in the subject line. Leave the Cc and Bcc fields empty and press Send.
Once the printer is connected to the internet, it’ll start printing your document.
The ePrint service doesn’t require any additional software except the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/envy4515 or 123.hp.com/setup 4515.
123 HP Envy 4515 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup is another way of connecting your printer to the Internet without having to enter any password. This Setup is recommended only if your router is encrypted with WPA security and is WPS enabled. If you’ve already downloaded and installed software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy4515 or 123.hp.com/setup 4515 you can also follow the steps given below to connect your printer to the internet using WPS.
Push Button Method
- Press the Wireless button on your printer router.
- The printer will take you to the Wireless menu page. Then, select Settings from the menu.
- Select Wireless Protected Setup from the menu.
- Then, select the Push button method.
- To use the Push Button method, simply bring your router closer to the printer and long-press the WPS button.
- Press the Wireless button on your printer router.
- Your HP Envy 4515 printer will take you to the Wireless menu page. Select Settings from the menu.
- Select Wireless Protected Setup from the menu and select the Pin method.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to enter the unique PIN generated by your printer.