123 HP Deskjet 3752 Features
The Deskjet 3752 is a multi-functional printer that performs printing, scanning and copying functions. It’s the cheapest printer in the multi-functional printing range and offers great value for its price. The icing on the cake is the ENERGY STAR rating which means that power is conserved while you print more pages. The Deskjet 3752 can print and copy documents at a great speed and it boasts of a monthly duty cycle of 3752 pages, making it the ideal printing choice for those with less printing needs. It supports a hi-speed USB 2.0 connection but not Wireless or Ethernet connection. You can download the printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 3752 or 123.hp.com/dj3752
123.hp.com/setup 3752 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and keep away the Installation CDs, setup poster, caution flyer and the power cord aside. You can directly install the software from the Installation CD instead of downloading it from 123.hp.com/setup 3752
- Drag the printer out of the box and remove the user manual from the top of the printer.
- Peel away the transparent covering on the printer.
- Remove the blue tapes on the surface of the printer. Next, open the Paper Input Tray and peel away the tapes from the Tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access area and remove the packaging material.
- Close the ink cartridge access area and the Paper Output Tray.
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Printer Ink Cartridge Installation
- Open a browser on your system and go to 123.hp.com/setup 3752
- Connect one end of the power cord to the wall outlet and the other end to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer by switching on the power button.
- Wait for the printer to quiet down after switching it on.
- Once the printer stops making noise, open the ink cartridge access area and wait for the ink carriage slots to reach the center.
- Remove the wrapper of the tri-colour cartridge and peel away the orange pull tab covering the copper coloured contacts.
- Place the tri-colour cartridge in the first slot such that it snaps into place.
- Similarly, insert the black cartridge into the second slot.
Once you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper into the Paper Tray, you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 3752
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Loading Unused Paper
- To load paper into the Paper Tray, align a stack of papers on a hard surface.
- Open the Paper Tray and push the paper width guides away from each other.
- Insert the stack into the Paper Input tray. The Input Tray can hold up to 60 sheets and the Output Tray can hold up to 25 sheets.
- After inserting the sheets into the Paper Tray, you can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 3752
123.hp.com/dj3752 – CD Software Installation
Follow the steps given below to install the software drivers from the CD.
- Switch on the system and insert the CD into the Disc.
- The software should automatically be detected and opened by the system.
- If it isn’t opened automatically, click on the program from the top right corner to open it.
- Select the Setup.exe file to start the installation process.
- If a User Account Control window opens, allow it access and click Yes to continue with the Installation process.
- Next, click Continue to move forward with the Installation process. You can proceed further with the Installation process.
- The software installation screen now displays a list of all the software that is going to be installed in the printer.
- The Customize software option on the left side of the screen lets you choose the software to be installed.
- You will now be prompted to connect the USB cable to the printer.
- Connect the square end of the USB cable to the rear of the printer and the flat end of the cable to the system.
- Follow the instructions displayed on-screen to finish the installation process.
With this, the installation process comes to an end. You can skip the activation process by closing the Installer window or pressing the skip button.
To learn how to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 3752, read the next section.
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Software Download and Installation
Unless the system asks you to connect the USB cable, don’t connect it. Downloading software drivers from HP’s website instead of installing them from the CD would mean that you would get the most recent firmware for your printer as the Installation CD might not have the updated firmware.
- Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 3752
- Click the Download button and wait for the download to finish. Once the download has been completed, click on the software from the browser downloads bar to open it.
- The HP Easy Start Utility opens and begins extracting the required files for the Installation process.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the Installation process.
Once the Installation is complete, a Web Services Information sheet is printed. You may save this sheet for later use or recycle it.
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Ink Cartridge Error
When an ink cartridge incompatible or ink cartridge error is displayed follow the steps given below
- Ensure that you’ve installed the right cartridges for your printer. The cartridges to be installed differ according to the location of the printer. Go to HP’s website to check which cartridge must be used according to the printer.
- Check if the cartridges were installed in a proper manner.
- Take out the cartridges and clean the area around the nozzles using a lint-free cloth or swabs dipped in distilled water.
- From the ink cartridge slot, remove the ink cartridges and put them back into the slot to see if the printer works.
- Reset the printer and try printing the same document again.
If the steps given above don’t work, contact HP for further assistance.
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Resetting the Printer
- Switch on the printer.
- Pull out the power cord from the wall outlet and disconnect the power cable from the rear of the printer.
- Let the printer sit idle for a moment and plug in the power cord into the wall outlet. Connect the other end into the rear of the printer.
- Switch on the printer and wait for it to fall silent.
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Removing ink cartridges
- In order to remove the ink cartridges, the printer should first be switched on.
- Open the Paper Output Tray and wait for the ink carriage slot to reach the center.
- Wait until the printer falls silent after the ink carriages reach the center.
- Slightly press the cartridge to release it from the slot.
- Check the copper coloured contacts for any protective film. If you do find any protective film, peel it away without touching the contacts.
- Insert the cartridges back into the slot by pushing them into the slot and locking them into place.
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Print Jobs stuck in Print queue
When Print jobs are stuck in print queue, the error message can’t be fixed by simply clearing the print jobs of the printer. Try the following remedies to fix the printer issues.
- Check for incorrectly installed cartridges, paper jam, or cartridges low on ink.
- If there are any blinking lights, check for error messages and clear them.
- Delete all the print job files from the services menu and restart the printer service.
- Check if the power cord is connected properly to your printer. If the power cord isn’t connected properly, connect it properly and try printing again.
- Try printing after you’ve disconnected and reconnected the USB cable.
- Download and Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This application will fix all the problems related to your printer.
- Open the Printer queue window and check if the Printer set to the Offline mode. Also, check if the Pause Printing option is enabled. If the Pause printing option is enabled, disable it and try printing again.
- From the Windows Control Panel or Devices and Printers window, check if your printer is set as the Default Printer.
- Re-install the printer drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 3752 or 123.hp.com/dj3752
- Log into Windows using another account and try printing the document again.
- Open the command prompt and enter SFC /scannow. This command opens the System File Checker which will then check the system for issues and fix them.
If the issues persist, contact HP support for help.
123 HP Deskjet 3752 Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer to the network. It is only available for printers with a display control panel. Follow the steps given below to connect your printer to the network wirelessly.
- Find out the network name (SSID) and password.
- In the control panel’s main menu, go to the Network menu, tap the Wireless icon and go to the Settings menu.
- In the settings menu, scroll up or down and touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard will now search for printers in the area and display the list of networks in the area.
- Touch the name of the network that you wish to connect your printer to and enter the password. Since passwords are case-sensitive, they must be entered with the correct case letters.
- In case you cannot see the name of network displayed on your control panel, you can manually enter it using the on-screen keyboard.
- If your printer isn’t connected to the network, you can print a test report to fix the issue.
Now, you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 3752