123.hp.com/setup 5252 - HP Printer Features
Equipped with a decent print speed and rich graphics, the OfficeJet5252 is a perfect candidate for home and small offices. You can cut down printing costs with the Instant Ink subscription plan. To download software drivers for your OfficeJet 5252 you can visit 123.hp.com/setup 5252 or 123.hp.com/oj5252. Given below are the specifications for the HP OfficeJet 5252
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi
- Print speed ISO (B/W): 9.5 ppm
- Print speed ISO (colour): 6.8 ppm
- Automatic Feeder: 35 pages
- Instant Ink: Available
- Recommended page volume: 100-400 pages per month
- Mobile Printing capability: ePrint, Air Print, Mopria certified
123 HP OfficeJet 5252 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and remove the cartridges, power cord, Installation CD and starter guide. The Installation CD has software for both Mac and Windows. However, you can download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5252 or 123.hp.com/oj5252
- Then, remove the cardboard packaging on top and set it aside for recycling.
- Grasp the cardboard box and drag the printer out of it using the transparent plastic cover.
- Next, remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides. Now, gently slide away the transparent covering from the printer.
- Peel away the blue coloured tapes on the printer. Next, open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet.
- Then, open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the sides and remove the packaging materials. Close the ink cartridge access area.
- Open the Paper Input Tray and remove the packaging materials there. Close the tray again.
Keep reading to learn how to initialize your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet 5252 Printer Initialization
- Follow the steps given below to switch on and initialize your HP OfficeJet 5252 printer.
- Take the power cord that you kept aside during the unboxing process and remove the twist tie.
- Turn your printer away from you and insert the power cord into the power slot.
- Now, insert the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button on the printer. Your OfficeJet 5252 will start making some noise before it settles down.
- The printer will now ask you to select the language of your printer. Scroll through the list and select the language of your choice.
- Press Yes to confirm the selection. Next, select the region in which the printer is located.
- Again, Press Yes to confirm your selection. Now, select the date and touch Next. Set the time and press Done.
Next, you can install the ink cartridges. You’re just a few steps away from installing the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5252
HP OfficeJet 5252 Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges, open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the sides. Next, hold the ink cartridge on its sides and unwrap it. Pull the orange tab to remove the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts. Without touching the electrical contacts and nozzles, insert the ink cartridge into the slot and close the lock lever lid. Insert the remaining ink cartridge into the other slot in a similar way and close the ink cartridge lid. When you first open the software downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 5252, it’ll check if you’ve installed ink cartridges and loaded unused paper before proceeding to download the driver.
123.hp.com/oj5252 - HP OfficeJet 5252 Loading Paper
- Open the Paper Input Tray and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Align a stack of papers on a hard surface and insert the stack into the Paper Tray.
- Slide the Paper tray back into place and wait for your Officejet 5252 to detect that the papers have been installed.
- Once your printer detects that plain A4 papers have been loaded into the Paper Tray, it begins the alignment process.
- Alignment tells your printer where it must drop ink for the best output print quality.
- Wait for a few minutes until the printer prints out an alignment page.
- Take out the alignment page from the Paper Tray. The sheet must be scanned to complete the alignment process.
- Open the scanner glass lid and place the alignment sheet print side down on the scanner glass.
- Use the markings on the side as a guide and place the alignment sheet on the lower right hand side of the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner glass lid and press OK to continue with the alignment process.
- The printer will now display alignment successful message on the control panel.
- Touch OK and in the next screen, touch Finish to finish the setup process.
- If the printer displays an alignment not successful message, visit HP support page to fix the issue.
In the next section, you’ll learn how to connect your printer to the Wireless Network so that HP Easy Start Utility downloads the right software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5252 or 123.hp.com/oj5252
HP Officejet 5252 Wireless Setup Wizard
Before you download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5252 or 123.hp.com/oj5252 you must connect your printer to the internet using the Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the steps below to connect your printer to the internet.
- On your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon. Next, scroll through the list and select Wireless Setup Wizard. Your OfficeJet 5252 begins searching for all the available wireless networks within the vicinity.
- Once it has obtained the names of all the wireless networks within range, it’ll display a list of networks on the printer control panel.
- Tap the name of the network that you wish to connect your printer to.
- Next, you must enter the password to your Wireless network using the keyboard provided on the screen.
- Once you’re done with the process, press Done.
- Next, press OK to confirm the settings.
- The printer will now begin checking your wireless settings and connect to the Wireless network.
- Next, you can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 5252
123 HP OfficeJet 5252 Driver Download and Installation
123 HP OfficeJet 5252 ePrint service
- To download and install the software drivers, follow the steps given below
- Make sure that your printer and computer are switched on, active and connected to the same wireless network.
- Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 5252
- Click Download to download the HP Easy Start Utility. Once the download is complete, click on the software to open it.
- HP Easy Start Utility opens and begins extracting the required files for your OfficeJet 5252
- Follow the instructions on screen to install the software drivers.
- You can choose between installing full-feature software drivers and basic software drivers. Read HP’s terms and conditions and agree to them by checking the appropriate boxes whenever asked to.
- If the printer asks you enter some information like postal code and mode of usage enter the relevant information to move forward with the setup process.
- In the next screen, click the Continue Setup process to finish the Setup process.
This completes the download and installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 5252 You can also download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj5252
- The ePrint service is for those who wish to print documents on the go.
- Simply mail the document to your printer’s e-mail address and it’ll start printing the documents once it has been switched on and connected to the internet.
- Follow the steps given below to setup Web Services and ePrint on your HP OfficeJet 5252
- On the control panel of your printer, touch the HP Printables.
- Then, touch Enable Web Services. To enable Web Services, accept Web Services’ terms and conditions by clicking the Accept button.
- Let the printer download and install software automatically by tapping Yes in the Auto Update screen.
- Once the printer is connected to the server it prints out an information page that has your printer’s e-mail address. Follow the instructions to complete the Web services setup
- Next, touch ePrint icon on your printer’s home screen. Tap Web Services Settings and in the Web Services Settings menu, touch Display e-mail address.
- To send a print job to your printer, first open an e-mail application and attach the document that you wish to print.
- Then, simply type your printer’s e-mail address into the To box and press Send.
HP OfficeJet 5252 Wi-Fi Direct
To use the Wireless Direct feature you should have already downloaded and installed the software driver from 123.hp.com/setup 5252
Turning on Wi-Fi Direct
- Touch Wi-Fi Direct on the printer control panel.
- Tap the Settings icon and then touch Wi-Fi Direct to turn on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Then, touch Back to see the Wi-Fi Direct details menu with Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
Printing from mobile device that supports Wi-Fi Direct
- Turn on Wi-Fi direct on your printer and mobile device.
- Open the document that you wish to print from your mobile device and select the option to print the document.
- From the list of printers that appears, select the name of your printers. For example DIRECT-**- OFFICEJET 5252 (** are the unique characters that identify your printer)
- Now, follow the instructions to print your document. The document is now printed.
123 HP OfficeJet 5252 Clearing Paper Jams
- Open the ink cartridge access area and remove the paper path cover.
- Remove the cover of the duplexer and take out the jammed paper.
- Place the paper path cover and make sure that it snaps into place.
- On the control panel, touch OK to continue with the printer job.
- If you’re removing jammed papers from the print carriage or from the Paper Input Tray make sure to do so gently so that you don’t end up tearing the paper or get it stuck on the roller.
123 HP OfficeJet 5252 Ink Cartridge Issues
- Make sure that the printer is switched on.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove the cartridge that has issues.
- By holding the cartridge using its sides, wipe the raised gold dots on the bottom of the cartridge with a slightly damp lint free cloth.
- Re-install the ink cartridge and check if the error message has stopped appearing.
- In case the error message appears again, switch off and switch on the printer again.