123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Features
The HP OfficeJet Pro is a mid-range multi-functional printer that targets Small offices and Home offices. It’s compact with a black body and a sloped touch panel. The Paper Tray below can hold up to 225 sheets. The Automatic Document Feeder is built into the printer which adds to the aesthetics of the design. The print speed is reasonable and the quality of the text and graphics is more than satisfactory with negligible banding seen in pictures. Overall, the HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 is a good choice at a cheap price. To get the printer cranking, download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6230.
123.hp.com/setup 6230 – Printer Setup
1. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Unboxing
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 comes in a white box lined with light blue on the sides. Tilt the box and lay it on the table. Upon opening the cardboard box, you’ll see an Installation CD, getting started guides, posters and flyers related to the printer. The power cords, fax cords and the ink cartridges are stacked neatly on either side of the sheaf of papers.
- Remove all the items and keep them aside. You can also use the installation CD to install the software instead of downloading the software from 123.hp.com/setup 6230.
- Drag the printer out of the box and slide the transparent cover off the printer. Remove the blue tapes on all the visible areas of the printer.
- Open the scanner glass lid and remove the sheet from the scanner glass area. Close the lid again.
- Using the cutout on the left side, open the ink cartridge access area and remove the packaging material inside.
- Next, open the Paper Input Tray and remove any tapes in that area. Similarly, open the Paper Output Tray and check for packaging materials.
Your printer can now be powered on.
2. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Printer Initialization
To switch on the printer, connect one end of the power cord to the port situated behind the printer and the other end into the wall outlet. Avoid the usage of power strips as they might lead to power issues and prevent the printer from functioning properly. Switch on the printer by pressing the power button and wait for it to calm down. If you’ve already switched on your printer and installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper, you can learn how to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6230 by skipping to the section titled Software Drivers and Installation
- Once the printer has been switched on, it asks you to choose a language and the locality or region in which the printer is located.
- You could take a Tour to learn what your printer can do or continue with the Setup process.
- Enter the Date and Time for your printer and continue with the Setup process.
Now that the initialization is complete, you can proceed to installing the ink cartridges.
3. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Installing Ink Cartridges
To install the ink cartridges, follow the steps given below. You can also press the video icon on the control panel to learn how to install the ink cartridges. The software drivers can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 6230 once you’re done with installing the ink cartridges and loading paper into the Paper Tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the sides.
- Next, remove the plastic wrapping around the cartridges. Then twist the orange cap using your thumb to remove it.
- Now, using the orange pull tab, peel away the transparent film covering the copper colored contacts. Make sure that you don’t touch the copper colored contacts or the ink nozzle.
- Then insert the cartridges into the slot one by one, according to the color given on the slots and in the direction in which it should be inserted.
Once you’ve inserted the cartridges into the slots, you can load unused paper into the Paper Input Tray.
4. HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Loading Unused Paper
- Open the Paper Input Tray and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Insert a stack of papers into the Tray and close it.
- The printer starts calibrating and charging up the cartridges. Once the process is complete, it prints a Printer Test Page.
- Next, the printer prompts you to choose how it’ll be connected to the computer.
This website guides you through the Wireless Setup Process.
123.hp.com/setup 6230 – Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer connect to the network that your computer is connected to so that you can access services like the HP ePrint service and other Web services.
It simply detects wireless networks within range so that you can connect your printer to the network. Make sure that you connect your printer to the same network that your computer is connected to.
- Collect the Network name (SSID) and the passphrase or the password of your router.
- Check if your printer is connected to the same network as your computer and disconnect any USB cable that is connected to the printer.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the control panel and touch the Wireless menu icon.
- Select the Wireless Settings from the Wireless menu. Tap the Wireless Setup wizard from this menu.
- The printer searches for all the available networks and displays a list on the control panel.
- Tap the name of your network from the list and enter the password. Make sure you enter the correct case letters because passwords are case-sensitive.
- You can also enter the name of your network manually if it doesn’t appear on the list. Like the password, network names are also sensitive so make sure that you enter the network name with the correct case letters.
If you’ve connected your printer to the computer via USB, then visit HP’s support website to change the connection from Wired to Wireless. In the next section learn how to download and install the Software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6230.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Software Driver Installation
- Open a browser on your system and go to hp.com/setup 6230
- Click the Download button and wait for the Download to finish.
- Once the download has finished, click the software on the browser download bar.
- HP Easy Start Utility opens and guides you through the software installation process.
Your printer should be detected automatically by your system. Select the name of your printer from the list if it wasn’t detected. You can download either the full-feature software or the basic feature software drivers. Once the driver installation is complete, the printer prints a Web services information sheet that can be used to get the printer’s e-mail address. This completes the download and installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 6230.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 ePrint service
ePrint is a web service offered by HP that helps you send print jobs to your computer from anywhere with an active internet connection. It is a secure service that only requires the setting up of your printer e-mail address and a HP Connected account to effectively manage all of your print jobs. This setup doesn’t require the installation of additional software drivers other than the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 6230 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6230.
123 HP OfficeJet 6230 Wireless Direct
The Wireless Direct option lets you send print jobs to your printer even if it isn’t connected to the network. You can print from your mobile devices after downloading an app to your mobile device. Note that only five devices can be connected at a time. The Wireless Direct option is different from the Wi-Fi Direct option in that it doesn’t let your device be connected to and use the internet while being connected to your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is also a web-based service similar to the ePrint that lets you send print jobs to your printer from anywhere. All that you need is your G mail account, your printer and a Chrome browser to effectively send print jobs to your printer. Once your print jobs have been completed by your printer, Google’s servers automatically clear out the documents. Therefore, there is no compromise on security.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting
If your printer stops printing your documents, then check if the ink level in your cartridge is sufficient for printing the documents or if you’re using genuine HP cartridges. The printer might not print if you haven’t updated the firmware or if your network connection is poor. If all else fails, you can try resetting the printer. In case problems with your printer continue, contact HP support for more details.