The HP Envy photo 7820 all-in-one printer is one of the most popular HP Envy Photo Printers. The printer offers a reasonable text quality and exceptional photo print quality. The best part is that you can get prints at a cheaper price because of the HP Printer’s Instant Ink option. You can also send documents remotely to your printer by enabling Web services. However, you’ll have to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7820 or 123.hp.com/envyphoto7820 . Given below are the specifications for the HP Envy 7820 Printer.
- HP Envy Photo 7820 driver install
- 123 HP Envy Photo 7820 wireless
- HP Envy Photo 7820 software download
- 123HP Envy Photo 7820 Printing Photos
- HP Envy Photo 7820 How to scan Multiple Pages
- 123 HP Envy Photo 7820 Replacing Ink Cartridges
- Print Speed (Black): 14 ppm
- Print Speed (colour): 9 ppm
- Paper Input Tray: 125 sheets
- Automatic document feeder : No ADF
- Paper Output Tray: 40 sheets
- Monthly duty cycle : 1000 pages
- Duplex printing : Automatic
- Web Services : HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint; Mopria
123 HP Envy Photo 7820 Unboxing
- First, lay the printer on the table and open the box.
- Then, remove the ink cartridges and the power cord.
- Take out the installation CD and setup guides and keep them aside.
- The Setup guide tells you how to install the software driver from 123.hp.com/setup 7820 or 123.hp.com/envyphoto7820.
- Next, lift the printer out of the cardboard box and remove the Styrofoam caps on either side.
- Now, open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet. Close the scanner glass lid once you’ve removed the Styrofoam sheet.
- Similarly, check the ink cartridge access area and Paper Input Tray and remove the packaging materials there.
123 HP Envy Photo 7820 Printer Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges, you must first switch on the printer.
- First, take the power cord and insert one end of the power cord into the rear of the printer.
- Next, insert the other end of the power cord of the printer into the wall outlet.
- Press the power button on the printer to switch on the printer.
- Next, open the ink cartridge area and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
- Now, take one of the HP 65 ink cartridge and remove the wrapper.
- Peel away the pull tab on the copper-coloured contacts without touching them.
- Then, insert the cartridge into the slot according to its colour such that the copper-colored contacts face the inside of the printer.
- Make sure that the cartridge snaps into place.
- Similarly, insert the other cartridge into the remaining slot and make sure that it snaps into place.
Once you’ve installed the ink cartridges, close the ink cartridge access area.
If you’ve already finished the hardware setup of the printer, you can skip to the software driver installation section to learn how to download and install the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7820.
123 HP Envy Photo 7820 Loading Unused Paper
- To insert photos into the Photo Tray, you must first open the Main Input Tray and remove the Output Tray. Next, insert the Photo Tray into the printer.
- Then, align a stack of unused sheets and insert the stack of papers into the Paper Tray.
- Once you’ve inserted the stack of papers into the tray, the printer will automatically detect the stack of sheets and print out an alignment sheet.
- Wait until the printer prints out a test sheet as this process takes a few minutes.
- Next, the printer will ask how you’d like to connect the printer to your system. You can choose between Wired, Wireless and USB connection.
You’re only one step away from downloading and installing the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7820.
123 HP Envy Photo 7820 Wireless Setup
Before beginning the Wireless Setup, make sure that you’ve got your Wireless Network Name and Password.
- If you’re setting up your printer for the first-time, you should see that the printer is already searching for Wireless networks within range.
- In case you’ve already setup your printer using an USB connection, visit HP’s website for other instructions.
- Once you’ve found the network that you want to connect to, make sure that your computer is also connected to the same network.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process. Make sure that you’ve entered the password correctly as passwords are case-sensitive.
- Now, the printer will try to connect to the wireless network.
Once the printer is connected to the Wireless network, you can download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7820.
123.hp.com/setup 7820 Driver Installation
You can download and install the software drivers using the Installation CD. However, if you want the latest firmware for your printer, you can head to HP’s website to download and install the drivers.
- First, open the browser on your system and connect it to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Then, go to 123.hp.com/setup 7820 and enter the name of your printer and the model number in the search bar and press Search.
- Next, click the Download button to start the driver download.
- Once the download is complete, you can open the software from the browser download bar.
- Agree to the terms and conditions wherever required and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation.
- If you’re asked to choose between the full-feature software drivers and the basic drivers, choose the full-feature drivers to make full use of all your printer features.
123 HP Envy Photo 7820 Replacing Ink cartridges
- First, switch on the printer and check if the Paper Input Tray has enough paper. If the input tray doesn’t have enough paper, insert a stack of plain paper into the Paper Tray.
- Then, open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the ink carriage to move to the center.
- Now, you’ll have to lift up the cartridge lock lever lid to remove the cartridge.
- Take the new cartridge and peel away the transparent film on the copper colored contacts. Insert the ink cartridge into the slot and wait until it snaps into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access area and follow the instructions on the control panel to align your printer.
- Now, wait until the printer prints out a printer alignment page.
123 HP Envy Photo 7820 How to Scan Multiple Pages
Follow the steps below to use your HP Envy Photo 7820and scan multiple pages.
- First, open the scanner glass lid and place the document print side down on the scanner glass lid.
- Then, close the scanner glass lid and open the HP Software on your desktop. In case you can’t find the HP software on the desktop, you can search for it on Windows.
- Once you’ve opened the HP Software and click Scan.
- Then, HP Scan opens. You can select which format to save your file in and click Scan.
- Next, click the + button in order to scan the next item.
- Keep repeating all these steps until all the photos and pages are scanned. Click Save once you’ve saved your scanned file.
Note that you must download the full-feature software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7820 or 123.hp.com/envyphoto7820 so that you can use the scan option.
123 HP Envy Photo 7820 How to Print photos
- First, make sure that your printer is switched on and pull out the Paper Input Tray.
- Then, slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Next, load the photo paper print-side down with its short edge facing the inside of the paper tray.
- Now, adjust the paper width guides such that the photo paper is in the center of the Tray and close the tray.
- Then, open the photo that you want to print using Paint or Microsoft Photo Viewer.
- Next, select the name of your printer from the Printer/ Name section. Click the Properties button to open the Properties Dialog box.
- Then, select the size of the paper that you loaded from the Paper Size menu. From the Paper Type menu, select the HP Advanced Photo Paper.
- Next, you must choose the quality of your print. HP recommends that you set the print quality as Best so that you get the best photos.
- Click OK or Print to print your photos.