HP ePrint OJ 100 setup
123 HP Officejet 100 is a mid range printer targeted at the small office and home office users. It is an office oriented printer and has all office centered features like print, scan, copy and fax. There’s also an LCD panel for touch screen and a USB Socket. The single paper tray can take upto 225 sheets. The connection options are Ethernet , Wireless and Wireless Direct apart from the USB. It supports duplex printing and ePrint. The main advantange of HP Officejet 100 is the low energy consumption. For HP ePrint setup, you can also download the HP OJ100 printer software from www.hp.com/oj100.
123 HP Officejet 100 ePrint app
The HP ePrint app is a mobile application from HP. You can also use this app to print to any ePrint supported HP printer. HP ePrint is a cloud-based service through which you can also email the document to be printed, to the printer directly.HP assigned a unique email id to the printer by creating a HP Connected account for this purpose. You can also send the document to be printed from any where, to this email id.
Using HP Officejet 100 ePrint App in Android and Apple
Print from an Android or Apple device from a wireless HP Printer with the HP ePrint App. However, ePrint App will not be available in iOS devices from May 2017.
It can also be downloaded from Appstore for Apple and Google play store for Android. It works like any other app.
123 HP ePrint setup OJ 100
123 HP eprint oj 100 is a web-enabled printer that supports HP ePrint. Given below are the steps for HP ePrint OJ100 setup.
What is HP Officejet 100 ePrint?
It is a secure cloud-based service provided by HP. It gives you the opportunity from anywhere if you have an active internet connection. For this, you just need to email the document or photo to the unique email id assigned to the printer.
123 HP Officejet 100 ePrint Setup requirements
Given below are the requirements for HP OJ 100 ePrint setup. If you can connect your printer using a USB cable, HP ePrint will not work.
- First you have to make sure that your printer supports HP ePrint. For this, you can also check if your printer has a HP ePrint Logo, button or icon on the control panel of the printer.
- If there is no icon or button, from the menu, go to Web Services Setup, Network Setup or Wireless Settings to check for the Web Services Menu.
- If you are still unsure if your printer supports HP ePrint, you can also check it here: Printers with HP eprint support.
- Your computer can also be connected to an active internet connection via wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection.
- If your printer is connected to the internet using Ethernet Connection, then the link light (green light)should be steady and the activity light (orange light) should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is also connected to the internet using Wireless Connection, confirm that the wireless feature is on. Also confirm if the printer and computer are on the same network.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and blue light in the front of the printer. Check if the light is on and not blinking.
- Your computer have the latest printer software installed. If you do not have an updated software, you can also download it from www.hp.com/oj100 or 123.hp.com/oj100 .
HP Officejet 100 Turn on Web Services
Printer has to communicate securely over the internet for updates and services. This is only possible by turning on the Web Services from the control panel of the printer or the Embedded Web Server.
- Press the HP ePrint icon / button .There is no icon or button, go to the Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If it asks for Web Services or setup HP ePrint, touch or press Turn On, Enable, or Setup, follow the on-screen instructions, and then continue to the next step.
- If a firmware update is suggested, update it.
- In case, Web Services is already on, a Web Services Summary screen or connected status displays, Web Services is already on.
- Click Print Info to print an information sheet.
Get the email address of the HP Officejet 100 printer
The information page has information about Web Services . The printer’s email address or the printer claim code will also be printed.
If a printer email address is not printed on the information page, the printer’s email address is obtained by appending @hpeprint.com with the printer claim code. For example, if 87ajmpt35evfl is the printer claim code, the printer email id is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printing with ePrint enabled OJ 100
Once you know the email address of the printer, you can enjoy taking prints from the HP eprint OJ 100 printer from any where securely, by sending the documents or photos as attachments through email. You can also send emails from any device which has an active internet connection including your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
HP Officejet 100 ePrint email requirements / restrictions:
- To: field can contain the email id of the printer.
- There is only one email id in the To: field i.e.The printer’s id. Type additional addresses in the Cc: field. If not , the print job will be cancelled.
- Subject line can also be left blank.If you can leave the subject blank, the HP ePrint server might cancel the print job.
However, the email subject lines are not printed.
- 10 MB is the maximum size of the files that can be attached.
- An e-mail can have no more than 10 attachments.
- Supported document file types are: text (.txt), PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx), and Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx).
- The supported photo file types are: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .tiff.
- The vertical and horizontal resolution of the photos must be of 100 pixels or higher.
- HP ePrint does not support digitally signed, encrypted, or password protected documents.
- HP ePrint does not support OpenOffice files.
- The eprint does not support Duplex printing (printing on both sides of the page).
- When you can also print the email attachment, the email content will also be printed.
- Finally, Time stamps from the HP ePrint server do not accurately reflect as to when the print job was created or printed.
Trouble shooting – Reasons for HP Officejet 100 ePrint email jobs not printing
1.Verify the HP Officejet 100 printer status
- First, turn on the printer.
- Now, finish the HP Officejet 100 setup .
- Then, download and install the updated printer software from www.hp.com/oj100 .
- Also, connect the printer to a working internet network.
- Then, switch on Web Services.Keep it switched on all the time for HP ePrint to work.
- Now, update the printer firmware. You can update your printer software from www.hp.com/oj100 or 123.hp.com/oj100 .
- Finally, Check if the printer control panel shows any blinking lights or error messages.
2.HP Officejet 100 Verify the email and print job
- First, Check if the printer email address has been entered in the To: field correctly.
- Then, Check if the Subject line has some text in it. If the subject line is left blank, the print job might be cancelled.
- Now, Check if there is an ePrint error.
- If there are more than 10 attachements per email, the print job will be cancelled.
- Total size of the email including attachments should not exceed 10 MB.
- Then, Verify if the document or image type is supported.
- Also, Verify if the photos has a vertical and horizontal resolution of 100 pixels or higher.
- Finally, HP ePrint does not support Digitally Signed, encrypted or password protected documents.
3.HP Officejet 100 Check the print history
If HP Connected is used to manage your ePrint jobs, check the HP ePrint print history on HP Connected to confirm that your print job is in the print history queue. The print job may also take some time before it prints.
4.Verify the Allowed Sender’s List of HP Officejet 100 ePrint
When you can also add your printer on your HP Connected account, anyone who knows your printer’s email address can use your web-enabled printer. If you can also used HP Connected to turn on the Allowed Senders Only feature, make sure the email address you are trying to send has permission to send the email.
5.HP Officejet 100 Check your network connection
Both the HP eprint Officejet 100 printer and the device you are using to send the email and it be a working internet connection. they are not required to be in the same network connection.