123 HP ePrint OJ 6954 setup
HP Officejet 6954 is a mid range printer targeted at the small office and home office users. Being an office oriented printer, it has all occie centric features like print, scan, copy and fax. It has an LCD panel for touch screen and a USB Socket. The single paper tray can take upto 225 sheets. The connection options are Ethernet , Wireless and Wireless Direct apart from the USB. It supports duplex printing and ePrint. The main advantange of HP Officejet 6954 is it has low energy consumption and is cheap to run. For HP ePrint setup, you should have downloaded the HP OJ6954 printer software from www.hp.com/oj6954.
HP Officejet 6954 ePrint app
The HP ePrint app is a mobile application from HP. You can also use this app to print to any ePrint supported HP printer. HP ePrint is a cloud-based service through which you can email the document to the printer directly. For this purpose, HP assigned a unique email id to the printer by creating a HP Connected account. You can send the document from any where, to this email id.
Using HP Officejet 6954 ePrint App in Android and Apple
You can also use the HP ePrint App to print from an Android or Apple device from a wireless HP Printer. However, ePrint App will not be available in iOS devices from May 2017.
You can also download it from Appstore for Apple and Google play store for Android. It works like any other app.
HP ePrint setup OJ 6954
HP eprint oj 6954 is a web-enabled printer that supports HP ePrint. Given below are the steps for HP ePrint OJ6954 setup.
What is HP Officejet 6954 ePrint?
HP ePrint is a secure cloud-based service provided by HP. It gives you the opportunity from anywhere to have an active internet connection. For this, you just need to email the document or photo to the unique email id to assigned the printer.
HP Officejet 6954 ePrint Setup requirements
Given below are the requirements for HP OJ 6954 ePrint setup. If you connect your printer using a USB cable, HP ePrint will not work.
- First you have to make sure that your printer supports HP ePrint. For this, you can also check if your printer has a HP ePrint Logo, button or icon on the control panel of the printer.
- If there is no icon or button, from the menu, then go to Web Services Setup, Network Setup or Wireless Settings to check for the Web Services Menu.
- Now, If you are still unsure if your printer supports HP ePrint, you can check it here: Printers with HP eprint support.
- You can also connect your computer to an active internet connection via wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection.
- If you can connect your printer to the internet using Ethernet Connection, then the link light (green light)can be steady and the activity light (orange light) should blink when you connect the cable .
- If you also connect your printer to the internet using Wireless Connection, confirm that the wireless feature is on. Also confirm if the printer and computer are on the same network.
- Some printers will also have a wireless icon and blue light in the front of the printer. Check if the light is on and not blinking.
- You have to install the latest software on your printer . If you do not have an updated software, you can also download it from www.hp.com/oj6954 or 123.hp.com/oj6954
HP Officejet 6954 Turn on Web Services
Printer has to communicate securely over the internet for updates and services. This is only possible for turning on the Web Services from the control panel of the printer or the Embedded Web Server.
- First, press the HP ePrint icon / button . In case there is no icon or button, then go to the Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- In case it asks for Web Services or setup HP ePrint, touch or press Turn On, Enable, or Setup, follow the on-screen instructions, and then continue to the next step.
- Then, Update the printer if the printer asks you to do so.
- If Web Services is already on, a Web Services Summary screen or connected status displays, Web Services is already on.
- Next, click Print Info to print an information sheet.
Get the email address of the HP Officejet 6954 printer
The information page has to inform about Web Services . The printer’s email address or the printer claim code will also be printed along with it.
If the printer doesn’t print the printer email address on the information page, you can obtain the printer’s email address @hpeprint.com with the printer claim code. For example, if 87ajmpt35evfl is the printer claim code, the printer email id is email@example.com.
Printing with ePrint enabled OJ 6954
Once you know the email address of the printer, you can also enjoy taking prints from the HP eprint OJ 6954 printer from any where securely, by sending the documents or photos as attachments through email. You can also send emails from any device which has an active internet connection including your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
HP Officejet 6954 ePrint email requirements / restrictions:
- To: field should contain the email id of the printer.
- There should be only one email id in the To: field ie, The printer’s id. You have to type additional addresses in the Cc: field. If not , the printer will cancel the print job.
- If you leave the subject blank, the HP ePrint server might cancel the print job.
However, the email subject lines are not printed.
HP Officejet 6954 ePrint email requirements / restrictions: Attachment Size and Number
- The maximum size of the email should not exceed 10 MB , including attachments.
- An email print job can have only a maximum of 10 attachments.
- The supported document file types are: text (.txt), PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx), and Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx).
- Supported photo file types are: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .tiff.
HP Officejet 6954 ePrint email requirements / restrictions: File Type
- The vertical and horizontal resolution of the photos must be of 6954 pixels or higher.
- HP ePrint does not support digitally signed, encrypted, or password protected documents.
- The HP ePrint service does not support OpenOffice files.
- HP eprint also does not support Duplex printing (printing on both sides of the page)
- When you print the email attachment, you can also print the email content .
- Time stamps from the HP ePrint server are not accurate.
Trouble shooting – Reasons for HP Officejet 6954 ePrint email jobs not printing
1.Verify the HP Officejet 6954 printer status
- First, switch on the printer.
- Then, setup the HP Officejet 6954 printer.
- You can also download the updated printer software from www.hp.com/oj6954.
- Next, Connect the printer to a working internet network.
- Now, turn on Web Services. Then, keep it on all the time for HP ePrint to work.
- Next, update the printer firmware . Now, you can also update your printer software from www.hp.com/oj6954 or 123.hp.com/oj6954
- Then, check if the printer control panel shows any blinking lights or error messages.
2.HP Officejet 6954 Verify the email and print job
- First, check if the printer email address has been entered in the To: field correctly.
- Then, check if the Subject line has some text in it. If the subject line is left blank,your printer might cancel the printer job.
- Next, check if there is an ePrint error.
- In case there are more than 10 attachements per email, the printer will cancel the print job.
- The total size of the email including attachments should not exceed 10 MB.
- Then, Verify if the document or image type is supported.
- Next, Verify if the photos has a vertical and horizontal resolution of 6954 pixels or higher.
3.HP Officejet 6954 Check the print history
If you can use HP Connected to manage your ePrint jobs, then to check the HP ePrint print history on HP Connected and confirm that your print job is in the print history queue. The print job might also take some time before it prints.
4.Verify the Allowed Sender’s List of HP Officejet 6954 ePrint
When you add your printer on your HP Connected account, anyone who knows your printer’s email address can use your web-enabled printer. If you also use HP Connected to turn on the Allowed Senders Only feature, make sure the email address you are also try to send has permission to send the email.
5.HP Officejet 6954 Check your network connection
Both the HP eprint Officejet 6954 printer and the device you are using to send the email can be in a working internet connection. But they are not required to be in the same network connection.